Skip to main content

Story Week 13 "Alice's Fall"


Alice followed the rabbit until she came to a hole. She saw the rabbit jump down the hole and contemplated going after him or not. She looked back at her sister reading on the hillside and thought to herself, "There is no way I am going back to be that bored." So she got down on her hands and knees and peered into the rabbit hole to see what she could find. 

The hole was very dark so she squinted to see if she could see a clearer picture. She still couldn't see anything so she leaned in to see if that would clear up her vision. Once she started to lean the ground started to crumble out from under her. She started to push back to leave the hole but the ground just started to crumble more. Her hands slipped out from under her and she fell into the hole. 

Alice let out a piercing scream, then another, then another. She was frantically yelling due to the fear that she would splat on the ground. She just kept screaming and falling until she realized that there was no splat. Her screams eventually wavered, then stopped. She realized she had been falling for at least five minutes and there was no use in wasting her breath. She kept falling and falling, so much so that she became quite bored. While she was falling she noticed that the walls of the hole had changed from dirt to bookshelves. The Bookshelves weren't flying past either, they were just slowly moving upwards. It was like they were falling with Alice. 

Alice had been falling forever, she had read books, watched the shelves fly by, even contemplated how much of a fall she had to go. All of this mundane activity had made her quite sleepy. So sleepy in fact that she started to contemplate taking a nap. She slowly started to shut her eyes and right before she fell out of consciousness, she plopped down on a pile of leaves, unscathed. 

Authors Note: This is a story of Alice falling down the rabbit hole. There were little to no changes to the original story, just a retelling in my own words.

Bibliography: This story is part of the Alice in Wonderland unit. Story source: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

Comments

  1. Hi Ryan,

    Good job on the story! I haven't read the original yet but hopefully I will one day! So I guess it turned out to be a dream? The story reminds me of inception which is one of my favorite movies. I don't think there's any way I could take a nap in the middle of a fall. It would have to be a really long fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,
    I thought you did a great job with this retelling of Alice falling down the rabbit-hole. You used description very well! Especially when you were talking about the books. I felt like I was there watching the books fall and float all around me. I have read a bunch of different renditions of Alice stories and I really liked this one. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ryan! I liked your retelling of this story. I too chose to read and write about Alice in Wonderland! The movie was one of my favorites when I was a kid and because of that, I thought it would be so much fun to read what the classic story was like! I think you did a great job retelling it in your own voice, from your own perspective. Even though it is a simple approach, I really think it did this story justice. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryan!

    This is really cool! I never would thought to write, or rewrite, an entire story that is just about Alice falling down the rabbit hole. And while I also wondered when Alice was going to meet the ground, I was captivated the entire time. Your use of detail in your writing was great! I almost felt as though I was falling with Alice. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan,

    I loved reading your story buddy. It was so interesting and intriguing. I also wrote about Alice in Wonderland, but my story was much different than yours. I thought you included a lot of detail and you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Sooner Schooner taking a ride on Owen Field Link Hello class, this is my formal introduction post to tell you more about me.  I guess we should start off with the basics, my name is Ryan Ard, I am a junior here at OU, and my major is Public Relations. One of my favorite things to do is to be an active Oklahoma RUF/NEK member. Through the Oklahoma RUF/NEKS I care for the school's official mascot the Sooner Schooner as well as care for and maintain Boomer and Sooner, OU's two white welsh ponies.  When people ask me if I have hobbies I usually can't think of any on the spot because I am always busy fulfilling responsibilities with the club or planning for future events with the club. I guess some would say that my membership in this club has consumed my life but I think the contrary is true. This club has opened up so many opportunities for me and without my membership, I wouldn't be involved with many of the opportunities I have had. Through this orga

Week 7 Story "The Boiled Bat"

Bush Rat One day the Bat and the Bush Rat were eating together in a field. They both made soup at their homes and brought it to eat with each other. The Rat asked if he could try the Bats soup and he did. The Rat exclaimed, "Wow! this soup is so good, it tastes so sweet and savory." The Rat asked the bat how in the world he made his soup so good. The Bat, knowing he could pull one over the rat, exclaimed, "You see Rat, I simply boil myself in the broth of the soup before I make it. My flesh sweetens it up." The Rat replied, "Wow, how interesting. That is something I will have to try." They both parted ways and went home. On the way home the Rat became upset. You see the rat had already asked the Bats wife how the soup was made but he had forgotten. So when he asked the bat for the recipe so he could remember and he replied with boiling himself in the broth the Rat knew he was lying. He knew that he couldn't forget something that outrageous. S

Week 4 Story "The Healing Parable"

Hole in Roof Authors Note: This is a retelling of the  Followers of Jesus  Story from the perspective of an onlooker. I didn't know much about this Jesus Guy everyone was so crazy about. I am just a regular Shepard. I tend to my flock, come into town to get a meal, maybe buy some garb, nothing exciting. But today was a different day from the moment I left my home. I could see the commotion in town from far away, crowds were gathered all around. I couldn't make the connection to what they were so concerned about until I got closer. That's when I first heard the name, Jesus. I had heard of him before on my previous visits to town, some teacher or holy man or something, I wasn't too sure. I never concerned myself with any of that anyway. I thought though if this celebrity were in town I might as well try to see what all of the commotion. I heard a few people say "I heard he's coming to this house!" so I thought I would go try and get a good spot