Skip to main content

Week 12 Story "The Three Little Pigs"

There once were three little pigs who left their mother to go build their own houses. They each went off separately to go build their houses so when they left each other they had an emotional goodbye.

The first little piggy went off to build his home in the east. He went and found a man who was selling bundles of straw. The little pig thought to himself, "What a great material to build my home with, it should provide great insulation." So the little pig bought all of the bundles he could afford and began construction on his house.

After his house was finished he was content with what he had built. Soon the big bad wolf came by and decided he would love to eat the little piggy for lunch so he yelled at the pig to let him in. The little pig refused to let the big bad wolf in so he puffed and he puffed and he blew the straw house down. The first little pig was no more.

The second little piggy went off to build his home in the west. He went and found a man who was selling bundles of sticks. The little pig thought to himself, "What a great material to build my home with, it should provide great rigidity and it will be so easy to build with." So the little pig bought all of the bundles he could afford and began construction on his house.

After his house was finished he was content with what he had built. Soon the big bad wolf came by and decided he would love to eat the second little piggy for a snack so he yelled at the pig to let him in. The little pig refused to let the big bad wolf in so he puffed and he puffed and he blew the straw house down. The second little pig was no more.

The last little pig seemed to be the smartest of them all, he went off to build his home in the north. He found a man who was selling bricks and he thought to himself, "This is the perfect home building tool, I don't see why anyone would choose anything else." So he bought all the bricks he could and began construction on his house.

The final little pig finished his house and as you may have suspected the big bad wolf came by to blow it down. He thought the last little piggy would make a supreme desert. So he huffed and he puffed with all of his might but he could not blow the house down. The pig's house was too strong and could not be broken down by the wolf's breath. He had no option but to go home. The last pig lived out his life in the home he built for himself.

Authors Note: This story was an adaptation of the classic Three Little Pigs story. No real changes to the story were made besides the exemption of the aftermath that happened with the last little pig and the wolf. This is just the classic story in my own words.

Bibliography:This story is part of the English Fairy Tales (1) unit. Story source: English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1890).

Comments

  1. Good retelling of the original. There are a few little typos (like desert rather than dessert), but overall I enjoyed it as much as I did the original. Next time maybe make some character changes. Like...if pigs can build houses in this world, why can't they be the predator? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan.

    I did notice some grammatical errors that made the reading a little bit rocky. I also noticed that you must have copy and paste the straw house paragraph for the stick house, because you left "straw" in there instead of "stick." It appears you took a simple approach to retelling a classic, and sometimes that's a breath of fresh air. Those poor piggies got eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan!
    I like how you told a retelling of a classical story that everyone would know. It is often refreshing and delightful to see a story we all know so well retold in a different way. I think you did a good job of getting your point across but I believe if you went back and made so simply revisions you could enhance your story. Overall, I liked your inspiration and creativity behind the story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Sooner Schooner taking a ride on Owen Field Link Hello class, this is my formal introduction post to tell you more about me.  I guess we should start off with the basics, my name is Ryan Ard, I am a junior here at OU, and my major is Public Relations. One of my favorite things to do is to be an active Oklahoma RUF/NEK member. Through the Oklahoma RUF/NEKS I care for the school's official mascot the Sooner Schooner as well as care for and maintain Boomer and Sooner, OU's two white welsh ponies.  When people ask me if I have hobbies I usually can't think of any on the spot because I am always busy fulfilling responsibilities with the club or planning for future events with the club. I guess some would say that my membership in this club has consumed my life but I think the contrary is true. This club has opened up so many opportunities for me and without my membership, I wouldn't be involved with many of the opportunities I have had. Through this orga

Week 7 Story "The Boiled Bat"

Bush Rat One day the Bat and the Bush Rat were eating together in a field. They both made soup at their homes and brought it to eat with each other. The Rat asked if he could try the Bats soup and he did. The Rat exclaimed, "Wow! this soup is so good, it tastes so sweet and savory." The Rat asked the bat how in the world he made his soup so good. The Bat, knowing he could pull one over the rat, exclaimed, "You see Rat, I simply boil myself in the broth of the soup before I make it. My flesh sweetens it up." The Rat replied, "Wow, how interesting. That is something I will have to try." They both parted ways and went home. On the way home the Rat became upset. You see the rat had already asked the Bats wife how the soup was made but he had forgotten. So when he asked the bat for the recipe so he could remember and he replied with boiling himself in the broth the Rat knew he was lying. He knew that he couldn't forget something that outrageous. S

Week 4 Story "The Healing Parable"

Hole in Roof Authors Note: This is a retelling of the  Followers of Jesus  Story from the perspective of an onlooker. I didn't know much about this Jesus Guy everyone was so crazy about. I am just a regular Shepard. I tend to my flock, come into town to get a meal, maybe buy some garb, nothing exciting. But today was a different day from the moment I left my home. I could see the commotion in town from far away, crowds were gathered all around. I couldn't make the connection to what they were so concerned about until I got closer. That's when I first heard the name, Jesus. I had heard of him before on my previous visits to town, some teacher or holy man or something, I wasn't too sure. I never concerned myself with any of that anyway. I thought though if this celebrity were in town I might as well try to see what all of the commotion. I heard a few people say "I heard he's coming to this house!" so I thought I would go try and get a good spot