Skip to main content

Reading Notes B "Noah's Ark"

Noah's Ark

God gave Noah a book called the Torah which bestowed knowledge unto him on how to share the word of god after the flood.
When the flood came the sinners tried to board the ark, but Noah would not let them even after they said they would turn to god. He asked why didn't you turn before? Why now? they tried to take the boat by storm but they were unable. The rains were boiling hot and they scorched their skin.
Unclean animals outnumbered the clean animals and after the flood, they had balanced out back into pure species. One male and female of each species.
The flood lasted a whole year.
After the flood, Noah stayed in the ark until he was commanded by god to leave. But when it came time for him to leave, Noah was afraid to leave, He was scared that a flood would come again. God swore that he would never flood the earth again.
Noah and his sons were appointed to be rulers of the earth. God presented a rainbow in the clouds as a promise that even id man was to live in sin again, he would never flood the earth again.
After the flood, Noah became a man of cultivation and started growing grapes for wine. He became a drunk, cursed his fellow man and was the first to introduce slavery. He went into a partnership with satan growing a vineyard. Satan made the wine with the blood of a lamb, lion, pig, and monkey.

"before man drinks of it, he is innocent as a lamb; if he drinks of it moderately, he feels as strong as a lion; if he drinks more of it than he can bear, he resembles the pig; and if he drinks to the point of intoxication, then he behaves like a monkey, he dances around, sings, talks obscenely, and knows not what he is doing."

Noah's Sons then spread abroad and built their own kingdoms. The division of the earth was divided between Noah's Three Sons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Sooner Schooner taking a ride on Owen Field Link Hello class, this is my formal introduction post to tell you more about me.  I guess we should start off with the basics, my name is Ryan Ard, I am a junior here at OU, and my major is Public Relations. One of my favorite things to do is to be an active Oklahoma RUF/NEK member. Through the Oklahoma RUF/NEKS I care for the school's official mascot the Sooner Schooner as well as care for and maintain Boomer and Sooner, OU's two white welsh ponies.  When people ask me if I have hobbies I usually can't think of any on the spot because I am always busy fulfilling responsibilities with the club or planning for future events with the club. I guess some would say that my membership in this club has consumed my life but I think the contrary is true. This club has opened up so many opportunities for me and without my membership, I wouldn't be involved with many of the opportunities I have had. Through this orga...

"Why the Bat Flies By Night" Reading Notes

The Bush Rat Bibliography: This story is part of the Nigeria unit. Story source: Folk Stories From Southern Nigeria by Elphinstone Dayrell (1910). One day the Bush Rat and the Bat and the bat were feeding together. They always fed together, just like they did everything else together. But, one day the bat decided to turn on the Bush Rat. They were both eating soup when the Bush Rat asked the Bat why his soup was always so good. The bat usually prepared his soup beforehand and just took some extra care while making it, but he decided to tell a lie. The bat told the Rat that before he starts cooking the soup he boils himself in the broth. The Bat said that his flesh is so sweet that it flavors the broth. The Rat was convinced that that is how the soup was so good so later that night he went home and told his wife that he would make soup for the family that night. He started making the soup and as soon as his wife turned away he jumped into the pot of boiling water to "fl...

Week 2 Reading Overview

The Storyteller; Eugene, Oregon Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4. Week 3:  Homer's Odyssey Week 4: Bible Women Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6. Week 5:  Ancient Egypt Week 6:  Folklore of the Holy Land Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.] Week 7:  The Monkey King Week 9:  Brer Rabbit Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11. Week 10:  Great Plains Week 11:  Cherokee Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13. Week 12:  Alice in Wonderland Week 13:  Looking-Glass Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15. Week 14:  Inferno Week 15: Hans Christian Andersen Here are the Blog topics that I have planned on reading this semester. I am very excited to get into the brer rabbit tales along with the Alice in Wonderland tales. I think once I get into this class and figure out how to work throu...