Skip to main content

Reading Notes Part 1 "Down the Rabbit Hole"


Alice had grown tired of sitting with her sister. All they would do was sit while she read her book. Alice thought to herself, "What good is that book she's reading if it has no pictures or conversations in it?" Alice had grown so bored and tired she was waiting to jump at any opportunity to leave her sister.

Just at that moment, a little white rabbit came by. This was no ordinary rabbit, this rabbit had a coat and a monocle. This rabbit was running along saying "I'm gonna be late, oh I'm gonna be late." Alice thought this was as good of an excuse she'd ever see so she hopped up and followed the rabbit wherever it went.

Soon after she hopped up she saw the rabbit jump down a rabbit hole so without thinking about it she followed him down. The rabbit hole looked like a regular hole from the outside but once she fell in she could tell that this was no regular rabbit hole. Alice kept falling and falling and she noticed she could not see the bottom of the hole. Then some strange things began happening, the walls of the hole weren't made of dirt, they were made of books and shelves. Allice also felt like she wasn't falling at a regular speed, she was falling very slowly.

She spent her time thinking to herself, looking at the books and taking things off of the shelves. She started to feel sleepy while she was falling, so sleepy that she started to fall asleep. Just as soon as she started to dose off she plopped down on a pile of leaves. Not hurt at all.

Bibliography: This story is part of the Alice in Wonderland unit. Story source: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Sooner Schooner taking a ride on Owen Field Link Hello class, this is my formal introduction post to tell you more about me.  I guess we should start off with the basics, my name is Ryan Ard, I am a junior here at OU, and my major is Public Relations. One of my favorite things to do is to be an active Oklahoma RUF/NEK member. Through the Oklahoma RUF/NEKS I care for the school's official mascot the Sooner Schooner as well as care for and maintain Boomer and Sooner, OU's two white welsh ponies.  When people ask me if I have hobbies I usually can't think of any on the spot because I am always busy fulfilling responsibilities with the club or planning for future events with the club. I guess some would say that my membership in this club has consumed my life but I think the contrary is true. This club has opened up so many opportunities for me and without my membership, I wouldn't be involved with many of the opportunities I have had. Through this orga...

"Why the Bat Flies By Night" Reading Notes

The Bush Rat Bibliography: This story is part of the Nigeria unit. Story source: Folk Stories From Southern Nigeria by Elphinstone Dayrell (1910). One day the Bush Rat and the Bat and the bat were feeding together. They always fed together, just like they did everything else together. But, one day the bat decided to turn on the Bush Rat. They were both eating soup when the Bush Rat asked the Bat why his soup was always so good. The bat usually prepared his soup beforehand and just took some extra care while making it, but he decided to tell a lie. The bat told the Rat that before he starts cooking the soup he boils himself in the broth. The Bat said that his flesh is so sweet that it flavors the broth. The Rat was convinced that that is how the soup was so good so later that night he went home and told his wife that he would make soup for the family that night. He started making the soup and as soon as his wife turned away he jumped into the pot of boiling water to "fl...

Week 2 Reading Overview

The Storyteller; Eugene, Oregon Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4. Week 3:  Homer's Odyssey Week 4: Bible Women Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6. Week 5:  Ancient Egypt Week 6:  Folklore of the Holy Land Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.] Week 7:  The Monkey King Week 9:  Brer Rabbit Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11. Week 10:  Great Plains Week 11:  Cherokee Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13. Week 12:  Alice in Wonderland Week 13:  Looking-Glass Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15. Week 14:  Inferno Week 15: Hans Christian Andersen Here are the Blog topics that I have planned on reading this semester. I am very excited to get into the brer rabbit tales along with the Alice in Wonderland tales. I think once I get into this class and figure out how to work throu...