Skip to main content

Review

For the last week of the year and the last 30 minutes of this class, I thought it best for me to do a backup and review assignment. The first part of this assignment is to find an image from the announcement page and talk about it. This image of this cat was the image for this week and it is almost funny how fitting it is. I struggle with procrastination often and this class has gotten the brunt end of that. Due to this, I have had to grind these past few weeks to get the grade I wanted in this class. This cat telling itself "I can do it. I will do it!" has been my motto with this class and this semester overall. I have taken a few hits but I have made it through with hard work and determination.


For the video option, I chose to watch the crash course video on Ragnarok. Being that the only information I know about this end of the world scenario is from the Marvel movie of the same name I thought it best to educate myself a little further. One thing that I found very interesting in this story is how evil Loki actually is. He is the god of mischief but after the host of the show listed off all of the things he did I could have never imagined how long the list would go on. Also, the Norse gods were very cruel when punishing Loki, they killed his son, tied him up with the remains and then sat him under poison snakes venom for eternity. This event was definitely not in the movie. I think it is really interesting how much more to the story there is than what is shown in the movie. I also was unaware that there were crash course videos on mythology, that is something I will have to check out in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Sooner Schooner taking a ride on Owen Field Link Hello class, this is my formal introduction post to tell you more about me.  I guess we should start off with the basics, my name is Ryan Ard, I am a junior here at OU, and my major is Public Relations. One of my favorite things to do is to be an active Oklahoma RUF/NEK member. Through the Oklahoma RUF/NEKS I care for the school's official mascot the Sooner Schooner as well as care for and maintain Boomer and Sooner, OU's two white welsh ponies.  When people ask me if I have hobbies I usually can't think of any on the spot because I am always busy fulfilling responsibilities with the club or planning for future events with the club. I guess some would say that my membership in this club has consumed my life but I think the contrary is true. This club has opened up so many opportunities for me and without my membership, I wouldn't be involved with many of the opportunities I have had. Through this orga

Week 4 Story "The Healing Parable"

Hole in Roof Authors Note: This is a retelling of the  Followers of Jesus  Story from the perspective of an onlooker. I didn't know much about this Jesus Guy everyone was so crazy about. I am just a regular Shepard. I tend to my flock, come into town to get a meal, maybe buy some garb, nothing exciting. But today was a different day from the moment I left my home. I could see the commotion in town from far away, crowds were gathered all around. I couldn't make the connection to what they were so concerned about until I got closer. That's when I first heard the name, Jesus. I had heard of him before on my previous visits to town, some teacher or holy man or something, I wasn't too sure. I never concerned myself with any of that anyway. I thought though if this celebrity were in town I might as well try to see what all of the commotion. I heard a few people say "I heard he's coming to this house!" so I thought I would go try and get a good spot

Week 7 Story "The Boiled Bat"

Bush Rat One day the Bat and the Bush Rat were eating together in a field. They both made soup at their homes and brought it to eat with each other. The Rat asked if he could try the Bats soup and he did. The Rat exclaimed, "Wow! this soup is so good, it tastes so sweet and savory." The Rat asked the bat how in the world he made his soup so good. The Bat, knowing he could pull one over the rat, exclaimed, "You see Rat, I simply boil myself in the broth of the soup before I make it. My flesh sweetens it up." The Rat replied, "Wow, how interesting. That is something I will have to try." They both parted ways and went home. On the way home the Rat became upset. You see the rat had already asked the Bats wife how the soup was made but he had forgotten. So when he asked the bat for the recipe so he could remember and he replied with boiling himself in the broth the Rat knew he was lying. He knew that he couldn't forget something that outrageous. S